Match Frame

Thoughts from an American editor and filmmaker in New Zealand about film and video production and post-production. Plus whatever else I feel like talking about.

Name:
Location: Balmoral, Auckland, New Zealand

A work in progress.

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

"I'm finished."

I see lots of movies that I like, and a decent number that I love. But I can't remember the last time I saw a new release that was an absolute unalloyed masterpiece, no quibbles, no questions asked. Looking back at the lists, I'm tempted to say YI YI in 2000.

Ladies and gentlemen, THERE WILL BE BLOOD is that masterpiece.

Do not miss this in the theater.

That is all.

2 Comments:

Blogger J. said...

So... best final line since what? Eyes Wide Shut? Terrific movie, too. I gotta rewatch it when we finally show it this week. How awesome was Day-Lewis?

9/1/08 10:02 PM  
Blogger dd said...

NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN actually had a pretty terrific final line, though I know you weren't a huge fan.

I believe there is not yet a unit of measure to quantify how awesome DDL is. That baptism scene? Actors will study that for decades.

9/1/08 10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home