Match Frame

Thoughts from an American editor and filmmaker in New Zealand about film and video production and post-production. Plus whatever else I feel like talking about.

Name:
Location: Balmoral, Auckland, New Zealand

A work in progress.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

two people are reading this now!

whee!

Things have been ... stuffy and congesty, mostly. Been coughing up stuff in my wintry abode. Sigh.

Hope everyone had a good Fourth of July up where it's warm. We blew up a couple things (held over from Guy Fawkes' Day) last night.

The good news is that I got my taxes done. The bad news is that I owe money, but that's not a surprise. The good news is that even though my tax forms are due Friday, my tax PAYMENT is not due til February. So I can pay off my credit cards before the NZ dollar devalues to the peso, then pay off my tax bill later.

Editing? Screw that, I should do currency trading. Anyone know anywhere I can buy a lot of yuan and sit on them for 15-20 years?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that two people total, or two people simultaneously?

(Congrats on finishing the taxes. I assume you only have to pay NZ taxes, not Uncle Sam?)

6/7/06 12:39 PM  
Blogger dd said...

Well, now that's three people total, judging from the comments section!

And yes, that's correct, I only have to pay NZ taxes. If I start earning income in both countries, things could get hairy, but at the moment not an issue.

Haven't been to yr. blog in way too long - off to check it out ...

6/7/06 11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home