Match Frame

Thoughts from an American editor and filmmaker in New Zealand about film and video production and post-production. Plus whatever else I feel like talking about.

Name:
Location: Balmoral, Auckland, New Zealand

A work in progress.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

a quick update

since I now know that at least one person is reading this basically unpublicized blog.

The big news in my professional life is that I'll be editing NZ IDOL starting June 1 and going through the end of October. In the meantime, I seem to be preparing for it by working every day of May, except for a busman's holiday of the 48HOURS competition the last weekend in May. Hopefully once I get on track with that I can get back to what I wanted to focus this blog on, although I also have a June 22 deadline for the NZ First Writer's Initiative, which I am trying to complete a script for.

I managed to take some time out tonight to start watching a late Easter/Christmas present that I ordered for myself - well, the package showed up on Friday. Anyway, I got the TV series WONDERFALLS and GREG THE BUNNY and watched the first episode of each. WONDERFALLS is a sort of magical-realism thing about a graduate from Brown with a philosophy degree working at a souvenir shop in Niagara Falls who starts having inanimate objects talk to her and give her suggestions. It's very well done and I had a smile on my face pretty consistently through the first episode - ditto for GREG THE BUNNY, which is set in an alternate world where puppets are real people (well, "fabricated Americans").

1 Comments:

Blogger J. said...

I'm making my way thru these posts chronologically, so you may address this quesion in the future. I'm curious to see what you thought of Wonderfalls as a series. Following Leigh's effusive suggestion, I got the whole run (thru the magic of the Internets), but I could only stand to watch 3 or 4 of the episodes, because it seemed like nothing was happening, and that each successive episode was a kind of retread of the first (plus, I remember the talking-stuff getting tiresome fairly quickly). But my head could be way the hell up my ass. I've been meaning to watch the run, but I keep finding new (chiefly British) stuff to watch, and it keeps getting pushed back. What'd you think when you got deeper into it than the first episode.

Greg the Bunny rules.

10/9/06 10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home