Match Frame

Thoughts from an American editor and filmmaker in New Zealand about film and video production and post-production. Plus whatever else I feel like talking about.

Name:
Location: Balmoral, Auckland, New Zealand

A work in progress.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Rhys

My friend Rhys Bonney passed away Sunday night. He was 35.

He and I went to South Seas together, and he was a kindred spirit, but kinder, gentler, and more thoughtful than I could ever hope to be. As a friend said last night, "the gentlest of gentlemen".

I think most of my friends who read this, if there are any left who do given this blog's advanced stage of neglect, are North American, so I imagine few of you have any idea who he is. I've posted several pictures on my Flickr page, but my favorite was passed on by our editing professor last night.

Rhys Bonney P1000581

The funeral is on Friday afternoon in Wellington. On the off chance that you're reading this and don't know details otherwise, let me know and I'll pass them on.

And love all you can, while you can.

(For those who have linked here from elsewhere, I have posted a longer remembrance of our year together at film school here.)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll miss Rhys greatly...

- Rob

16/9/08 8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rhys will be greatly missed...

- Rob

16/9/08 8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So so sad but he will not be forgotten

-EM

17/9/08 9:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I took that photo - good times. :-) That was Kim Oyston hogging the patch board and Rhys reacts in a not so typical manner.

18/9/08 6:04 AM  
Blogger dd said...

Well done taking that picture - I laughed hard when I saw it Monday night.

18/9/08 8:40 AM  
Blogger J. said...

Sorry for your loss, man.

28/9/08 4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home