Match Frame

Thoughts from an American editor and filmmaker in New Zealand about film and video production and post-production. Plus whatever else I feel like talking about.

Name:
Location: Balmoral, Auckland, New Zealand

A work in progress.

Saturday, August 18, 2007

dougcasting.

Okay, so I gave my song another listen, and decided it's not ready for prime time. Once this cold wears off, I'll give the singing another go and see if I can get a full take that I don't cringe at. (If not, maybe I'll just post it anyway, and you can tell me whether or not my cringing is warranted.)

But on the off-chance that you're one of the two people that wanted to hear my voice and good music, here's the two things, presented in serial rather than parallel form: Dougcast 1.

Track listing:
Flogging Molly, "If I Ever Leave This World Alive"
Hot Hot Heat, "Middle of Nowhere"
Hot 8 Brass Band, "Jisten To Me"
Bob Dylan, "Thunder on the Mountain"
Miles Davis, "Half Nelson"
The Hold Steady, "You Can Make Him Like You"
Etran Finatawa, "A Dunya"
Against Me, "Pints of Guinness Make You Strong" (acoustic)
Lali Puna, "Micronomic"
Superchunk, "Unbelievable Things"
The Minor Thirds, "In Medias Res"
Moondog, "This Student of Life"
Clipse, "Keys Open Doors"
Bloc Party, "This Modern Love"
Hot Water Music, "Bleeder"

Let me know if you actually listen to it, like it, want to hear more, have any suggestions, etc.

Unrelated: This interview with Uwe Boll is a must-read of megalomania.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home